CURRENT TODDLER READS: OCTOBER 2019

There’s nothing like a good book, especially when you find them for your toddler to keep him or her engaged.  Luckily my husband and I don’t seem to have any problems engaging our 2-year-old since he loves them.

I haven’t shared our current reads all summer, but we have continued to do our best to make reading time fun and interactive for our son.

It’s October now (I still can’t believe it!), and that calls for fun illustrations for Halloween, if you celebrate it.  In our household, it’s also the stage where we are encouraging our son to practice brushing his teeth two times a day and introducing potty training because of his age.

Here are our current reads that will definitely be in rotation for the month of October.

1) Halloween Heroes!  – I picked this up because our son likes the characters in Paw Patrol.  I love this book’s illustrations (who doesn’t like seeing cute dogs dressed up in Halloween costumes?). It gives you a little Halloween mystery to solve, too!

2) Happy Halloween, Daniel Tiger! – Another adorable Halloween themed book that has lift-and-reveal flaps that keep your child engaged. This board book with flaps has the characters dress up in their costumes and march in a Halloween parade.

3) Where Is Baby’s Pumpkin? – This is a Halloween book that my little guy was kind of looking at last year, but this year he understands more now because he’s older.  It’s a short little “lift-the-flap” book that gets them familiar with Halloween.

4) Potty Time With Elmo We’ve has this book all summer, but will really start picking it up to add into our rotation this month. It’s a “play-a-sound” book that is a fun way for my son to be interactive while familiarizing himself with potty time.

5) Time For Bed Elmo – Besides my child loving all things Elmo, he always asks for this book!  This would be my favorite go-to book for him of this series I listed. There’s something about it he loves, and I think it’s because it mentions all of the things we are constantly working on with him: cleaning toys up, putting pajamas on, brushing his teeth, and going potty. If you have a toddler (especially who’s into Sesame Street/Elmo), you must check this out!

6) Ready, Set, Brush – This pop-up book is the perfect addition to get your child to see that everyone brushes their teeth. The book allows him or her to “brush” the Sesame Street character’s teeth and it keeps both reading time and brushing teeth very fun!

7) Touch And Feel First Words – We’ve has this book for over a year now, but my son is really having fun with it now because he’s pretty much mastered 95% of it!  It is a “touch-and-feel” book with different textures and he’s always taken a liking to these types of books. Although it may seem like a young book for a toddler (because it’s also good for a baby), we have to remember that our little one still isn’t old enough to read just yet. This type of book puts the story in his hands as he explores different textures while vocalizing all the words.  It’s great practice for familiarizing and pronouncing new words.

What are some October reads you like for your toddler?  Please share because we are always looking for more books.  I don’t think we can ever have enough!

I’ve linked all the books for your convenience below that correspond with the number.  You can also “shop the post” in the carousel below. Enjoy!

HAPPY READING!

SHOP THIS POST

The Pages and Stages is part of several affiliate advertising programs and may include several affiliate links, but all opinions are my own.  This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links in this post, I may make a commission from that click and/or purchase.

16 Comments

1. October 2, 2019 / 11:51 PM

As a nanny, I find this list extremely useful! I love the touch and feel first words book but I’ve never heard of the others!

2. Angelica
    October 3, 2019 / 12:00 AM

Love seeing how Elmo is still such a big player for little ones. There are so many characters I’m unfamiliar with it’s cool to be able to share some of the classics still! 😁

3. October 3, 2019 / 4:04 AM

these look so cute. Reading to your kids is the best.

4. Kelly Martin
    October 3, 2019 / 5:34 AM

These toddler books look so cute. I especially like Halloween heroes.

5. October 3, 2019 / 7:19 AM

The Halloween one looks like fun. I remember my favourite book when I was a small child ”winnie the witch” its still out now, I see it every now and then! I even remember some of the words lol

6. October 3, 2019 / 11:55 AM

Potty Time is the best with Elmo. I am so glad to see this one is around. It truly helped my kids get excited about using the bathroom. I know it will continue to help others as well.

7. October 3, 2019 / 1:32 PM

“Touch and feel; First words”….this sounds a great one. It’s very intriguing.

8. Gervin Khan
    October 3, 2019 / 2:25 PM

I love toddler books and I always make sure that I bought a book for my son every time I visited the bookstore. I am glad that Elmo is still on the list and will def get a copy of these books.

9. Tiffany La Forge-Grau
    October 4, 2019 / 1:10 AM

These are some super fun choices! I would love to get my little one the books to look at and read!

10. surekha-dreamingloud
    October 4, 2019 / 1:19 AM

These recommendations are so cool..! Thanks..! My nieces and nephews will definitely love these books..!

11. Nigar Rahman
    October 4, 2019 / 1:21 AM

These books are best learning medium for toddler!In this stage these books will help them to recognize many things for their next stage.Time For Bed Elmo, Ready, Set, Brush sounds good!

12. Katrina kroeplin
    October 4, 2019 / 3:11 AM

Those are great books!!! I’m always looking for new book ideas for the kids. That’s for the suggestions.

13. October 4, 2019 / 3:24 AM

i love this post and your blog! kids should be taught to love reading. i love also the quote from dr. seuss. you are such a great mom. 🙂

cha @ littlemisadvencha.com

14. Annemarie LeBlanc
    October 4, 2019 / 8:44 AM

Great list of books I can get for my grandchildren. I want them to build their interest in books and reading and these books will help me help them achieve that!

15. Blairvillanueva
    October 6, 2019 / 4:02 AM

Oh these are awesome book for kids. Perfect holiday gives that they will use and remember.