2018 is coming to a close and we’ve made another trip around the sun. Unbelievable, right? 365 days. We are older, and hopefully wiser.
Every year many people set their New Year Resolutions. Some hit all of their goals and some don’t even make it through to February.
You may have had your best, most memorable year ever, or your worst year yet. For me it was, without a doubt, the worst year I experienced in my life so far. I’ve done my best to pick out the positive things from it all because I believe there is always balance to be found.
I am not the “New Year, New Me” type, but I am all for moving forward, starting fresh, and having a positive outlook ahead. However, I also strongly believe that before making new year resolutions, we should take some time to contemplate and review the past one. If we pump the breaks a little to reflect and appreciate what’s in the rear view mirror, maybe the road we travel ahead will be much more meaningful.
I thought I’d gather up 25 questions to ask yourself in order to honor the past year. Take a look back. I hope these help you celebrate your lessons, mourn your losses, enable growth, evoke change, and maybe cause you to throw your arms up in the air for any occurrence that you still don’t understand. Answer all of these and then take them into the new year as you continue with life’s ebb and flow.
- Who were your most valuable relationships with this past year?
- What was your favorite family memory?
- What was the funniest moment of the year?
- What is something besides the ordinary that you did for a friend?
- Did you make a new friend this year?
- What did you do to strengthen your closest friendships?
- Did you grow emotionally?
- Did you grow spiritually?
- Did you grow physically/take care of your health?
- Was there a time this year that you went outside your comfort zone?
- What have you learned about yourself?
- What is the best advice your heard this year?
- What is the best food you ate this year?
- Did you learn a new skill this year?
- What is the best thing you did for someone else this year?
- What happened on your happiest day this year?
- Did you experience something new?
- Did you have a set goal that you accomplished?
- Did you have a New Year’s resolution you didn’t keep?
- Name the best place you visited.
- Name your proudest moment of the year.
- What was the best thing about this year?
- What would you have changed?
- Your biggest takeaways?
- What was your biggest lesson?